November National Skin Month
The year is almost over and we are currently in one of the most important months of the year. The month of November, as we all know, is a month that we need to be thankful for what we have such as family, health, and amazing skin! November is National Healthy Skin Month and it is aimed to raise the awareness of having and maintaining healthy skin, the largest organ of your body. Everyone at Dermatology and Aesthetic Center of El Paso wants to help educate the public about how they can decrease their risk of skin cancer, by protecting their skin from the damaging ultraviolet rays of the sun and other environmental stressors.
Dr. Karen Herman’s Top Tips to protect your skin:
- Always wear your sunscreen, 365/24/7. Broad band coverage with SPF 30, reapplied every 2-3 hours.
- Have a healthy diet, especially from the benefits of fruits and vegetables.
- Use A lip balm with sun protection factor, SPF.
- Manage your Stress. This can decrease symptoms of itch and pain.
- Drink plenty of water, preferably 60 ounces per day or more.
- Moisturize your skin to maintain its function as a barrier.
- Get sleep! Eight hours is optimum. Try to keep a set wake/sleep schedule regularly.
We cannot take our skin for granted. It’s a barrier to protect our body and nourish our vital organs. These tips are easy to follow and the results will amaze you. At Dermatology & Aesthetic Center of El Paso we can review your skin, help diagnose and treat skin issues that are acute or chronic, and help you have amazing healthy skin.
Check out our specials this month!!
(Make sure you mention this Ad when you schedule for your next appointment)
Call us if your would further information at (915) 544-3800